Report of the Headmaster to the Board of Trustees / 1941
Walden Pell II
A report in two parts.

Part 1: June 16, 1941
Reports on faculty in military, faculty changes, faculty deaths (Mr. Hall and Captain Williams). Alumni news, buildings and grounds report. Flag additions to the Chapel, new tennis court surfaces. Student demographics (124 boys). "We Rileys" performed, athletics, academics, health of the students all reported on. Discipline report, no expulsions; chief problem, an increased interest in "beating the system."Library bookplate drawing by Frank Schoonover. Dr. and Mrs. Pell visited alumni over the summer (3000 mile road trip). Dr. Pell relays his thoughts on private schools

Part 2: October 31, 1941
European events affecting life. Reported on personnel changes, retirements, leaves, marriages, faculty housing, staff news and staffing changes in Housekeeping, retirements of Ms. Michaelis and Mr. Stephen "Pop" Foley. Alumni reported on. Update on the Auditorium near completion, to be opened November 7. New football field finished, drought notwithstanding. Japanese beetle not so invasive, Silver Lake Dam intact, Camp Appoquinimink successful. Rowing machine room converted to dorm. Farm had a good year; orchard produced 250 bushels of apples from 100 trees. Curriculum changes, public speaking added. Faculty have taken on professional training since the 1940 Cooperative Study report.